SEFTON PARK CRICKET CLUB

 

Minutes of the Management Board held on the 6th November 2008, at Sefton Park Cricket Club at 7.30pm

 

Present: Mr. R Paisley (in the chair), Mr. D Cunningham, Mr P Foulder, Mr T Hughes, Mr G Pollard, Mr M Poole, Mr C Wylie and Mrs. J Kelly..

 

Apologies for absence were received: Mr J. Pinsent, Mr J. Ledger, Mr L. Martin, and Mr E. Williams

 

Prior to the start of the meeting, a moment of silence was taken in memory of Geof Parker who sadly passed away in October 2008. He will be sadly missed by all at Sefton Park Cricket Club.

 

The minutes of the previous meeting were approved.

Prop: Paul Foulder, Sec: Jan Kelly

 

1. MATTERS ARISING

 

a.            Hardcastle & Hogarth had been contacted by letter re the problems of the lower             pavilion.                                                                                               JP

b.         Fire drills still to be completed                                                        PF/DC

 

 

2. CORRESPONDENCE

 

a.         An email had been received from West Derby Hockey Club thanking SPCC for the             excellent food and welcome they receive on Saturday afternoons.

b.         Letter from Scottish Power confirming utility rates will be fixed and guaranteed until             September 2009.

 

3. FINANCE

 

The Treasurer advised a bank balance of:-.

£1934.00 in the current account, and £107871.00 in the deposit account.

 

 

Forecasted income and expenditure budgets for 2008-2009 were presented which showed an excess of £9.

Proposed by TH seconded by PF. Unanimously accepted.

 

GP requested to be advised of any major items ordered or required prior to the invoice being approved and passed to him; this action will help him control our cash flow.

 

           

 

 

4. BUSINESS

 

A Bar report was presented which identified the following:-

 

Bar income against budget was excellent at the end of period thirteen.

Bar purchases was consistent against budget and income

The function room hire is still well above budget.

 

Bar total income year to date was £137624

Expenditure year to date was £86941

Year to date income against expenditure was £50683 forecast was £38000

The Members bar income was down against budget

The function room was above budget

 

Hydes, barrelage:-

January to April was 21.5 barrel’s

April to now was 68.5 barrel’s

The target for a 12 month period is 90 barrel’s

Gross Profit for the bar is averaging 60.0%

 

5. HOUSE

 

Jobs Completed in October

Function room painted

Function room bar upgraded

Corridor painted

Entrance hall painted

Jobs to be completed in November.

Curtains kindly donated by Mr & Mrs Sail to be altered and hung in the function room.

Drains at back of club to be cleaned.

 

The Board proposed a vote of thanks to John Garnett, Dave Cunningham, Leo Martin and Paul Foulder for the valuable work they continue to provide on behalf of the club.

The new lights in the function room look excellent.

 

6. GROUND

 

A grant application for £1000 towards the cost of a new square cover has been granted by the  ECB.

 

 

 

7. CRICKET

 

Child Welfare Officer

 

Nothing to report at this time.

 

Cricket chair had met with Sean Andrews and Dave Goodall of Lancashire Cricket Board re application for grants.

The meeting was very positive and grants would made available for nets and replacement windows to the front of the pavilion providing the following documentation is available prior to the 4th December 2008 when CW meets with the Lancashire officials again.

3 months bank statement, 2 years set of accounts, copy of the constitution and quotes for replacement windows.

The grant for the nets is dependent on if the land to build the nets is approved.         JP

 

£1000 grant for coaching locally will be received shortly.

 

CW to contact Ben Moore re Fantasy Cricket League and report back.

 

 

8. MEMBERSHIP

 

It was sadly reported that Gordon Reid (Vice President) and Cyril Skinner had sadly passed away.

 

RP to send membership cards to the new members of the Table Tennis section.

 

 

9. FUND RAISING

 

Geoff to convene an initial meeting of the 2010 anniversary committee and report back to the Board.

 

A.O.B.

Jim Pinsent was unanimously accepted as a Trustee to replace Geof Parker.            

Proposed TH Seconded RP.

 

A list of club licenses to be generated.                                                        TH

Mike Poole to advise about the clubs lease at next months meeting.

 

Meeting closed at 8-50 pm

 

Tom Hughes

Secretary