Minutes of the Management Board held on the 12th November 2009, at Sefton Park Cricket Club at 7.30pm


Present: Mr. R Paisley (in the chair), Mr T Hughes, Mr. J Pinsent, Mr G Pollard, Mr L Martin, Mr E Williams, Mr. J Ledger and Mrs J Kelly.


Apologies for absence received:  Mr. D Cunningham, Mr. M Poole,


The minutes of the previous meeting were approved:-

Prop: J Ledger, Sec: J Pinsent




a.         No Matters Arising.




a.         Letter from Mr C O’Mahony re ground equipment.





The Treasurer advised bank balance’s of:-.

£5410 in the current account and £10106 in the deposit account.

Invoice’s due to be paid include £350 to St Margaret’s.

100 club accounts showed £3710 in the current account and £3220 in the deposit account.

GP to check if The League Presentation Dinner tickets had been paid (£150).

VAT goes back to 17.5% from 15%.


GP requested to be advised of any major items ordered or required prior to the invoice being approved and passed to him; this action will help him control our cash flow.





Bar income for period thirteen exceeded budget by £4798, room hire was £287 against a budget of £82.

Expenditure exceeded budget by £2880.

Year end reported a total income of £166,465 against a budget of £154,500 (includes room hire) 8% increase against budget. Copy of report attached.


Excellent results and a big thank you to Dave, Jan, Maria, Carol and Peter for all the hard work they have put in to support the Club. To achieve this result in difficult times is greatly appreciated by the Board.




LM reported that that the central heating was in urgent need of maintenance, it was agreed that drainage of the system should be completed as soon as possible. LM to action.

Work on replacing gutters on the main pavilion had now been completed.


Alarm call out is currently communicated to DC, during his vacation Jan was temporarily named as contact. It was agreed because of DC distance from the club Focus Security would be advised that Peter Kelly would take over as the main contact.


The door to the car park in the kitchen has caused problems activating the security alarm and had been taken temporarily off the system. LM agreed to secure the inner mesh door to prevent it pushing against the main door.

Upon completion the main door will be re-activated on the security system.

The main security panel needs updating to accurately identify alarm zones; this will be actioned when Focus are next on site.


The changing rooms, shower area have been painted. The stairway window frames, skirting boards, timber handrails stained and the ceiling emulsioned leaving the walls to be painted.

Gents and ladies toilet ceilings have been emulsioned. Thanks to John Garnett for his continued hard work on SPCC behalf.




It was disappointing that the League’s ground grading committee placed SPCC in 19th position the same as last year, this despite having new mobile covers available during the season and comments from visiting sides that SPCC is one of the best places on Merseyside to play cricket and on good wickets. EW to discuss with the Leagues Ground Chairman.

A letter from C O’Mahony proposing that the club purchase a mechanical scarifier as the manual one we have is not good enough to do the job. With the increase in the number of games on both grounds this piece of equipment is essential.

Agreed to add to the wish list and discuss with the Treasurer when the end of year financial report has been completed.


Secretary to write to Terry Saile, thanking him for his donation of a sit on mower.





Child Welfare Officer


Nothing to report at this time.


A League SGM took place on Tuesday 13th October 2009 at SPCC.

On the agenda were four proposals to agree the format for the 2010 season, including starting date and ending date of the season, also to replace the four fixtures that will be lost with the revised league structure.

The meeting agreed the following: -


“The season would start on the 17th April 2010 with a New Format Knock Out Competition consisting of 9x4 groups SPCC have been grouped with Moorfield, Formby and Colwyn Bay. The quarter final will take place on, 25-July-09, Semi Final 08-Aug-09 and the final on 05-Sep-09.”

“Category: 3 players will not be allowed to play in this competition


Ball selection


 the home side shall provide both balls for a game, the ball shall be either a higher standard wax finish Reader or an existing standard wax finish Duke ball.”


Existing stock Reader Sovereigns would be disposed of through 2nd and 3rd XIs


Club Mark was re-accreditation was received on 12-Nov-09.


EW had agreed with Liverpool College that SPCC would supply coaches at the college on Friday afternoons starting at 3.00pm to 4.30pm. This will coincide with SPCC under 9’s netting on the same evening at the college starting in January.


Matty Pownall will attend a Cricket Development School at St Margaret’s during the winter.





Nothing to report at this time.



9. 2010


It was agreed for EW to purchase a flag to display showing the anniversary dates.

JL to acquire a white board.






Members of the 100 club have been invited to an evening of entertainment of carols played by The Formby Brass Band (our friends from the Phil), a buffet will be supplied on the night.

Secretary to contact Wilf, to enquire if non members of the 100 club could be invited at a cost.


Hon Sec advised he was on vacation for the next meeting it was agreed JL would take the minutes.


Meeting closed at 09:00 pm


Tom Hughes