SEFTON PARK CRICKET CLUB

 

Minutes of the Management Board held on the 10th September 2009, at Sefton Park Cricket Club at 7.30pm

 

Present: Mr. R Paisley (in the chair), Mr. D Cunningham, Mr T Hughes, Mr. J Pinsent, Mr G Pollard, Mr L Martin, Mr. M Poole and Mrs J Kelly.

 

Apologies for absence received:  Mr E Williams and Mr J Ledger

 

The minutes of the previous meeting were approved:-

Prop: D Cunningham, Sec: L Martin

 

1. MATTERS ARISING

 

a.         No Matters Arising.

 

2. CORRESPONDENCE

 

a.         E-mail received from Mr. P Foulder advising of his resignation from the Board as House Chairman due to work commitments. Chair to reply.

b.         E-mail received from Mr. C Wylie advising of his resignation from the Board as Chair of Cricket due to work commitments. Chair to reply.

 

 

3. FINANCE

 

The Treasurer advised bank balance’s of:-.

£5052.00 in the current account and £15087.00 in the deposit account.

Invoice’s due to be paid included £1500 to St Margaret’s.

100 club accounts showed £2500 in the current account and £3219 in the deposit account.

 

GP requested to be advised of any major items ordered or required prior to the invoice being approved and passed to him; this action will help him control our cash flow.

 

 

4. BUSINESS

Proposed budget for 2009-2010 was circulated, after a full discussion it was agreed that the ground expense should be increased by £500 and cricket expense by £1500 towards cost of Nets. An item under house would be reviewed by Geoff and Jim and report back at the next meeting.

Dave and Tom to look at changing the phone provider to include internet etc., and also make enquiries to acquire a credit card facility.

 

Period 11 showed a total income of £117042 against expenditure of £7507.

 

5. HOUSE

 

Dave had been in discussions with British Gas to review changing from the current provider EON. British Gas had offered a tariff of 50pence daily standing charge and .205p per unit.

Board agreed for Dave to sign an agreement with British Gas. Prop:-GP sec:- JP.

 

Gutters to be replaced on the main pavilion TH to contact roofer.

 

 

6. GROUND

 

The cost to take the mobile covers apart for winter storage would be £200 + vat, Board agreed that the work was value for money to protect a high value and essential piece of ground equipment. TH to arrange.

 

 

7. CRICKET

 

Child Welfare Officer

 

Nothing to report at this time.

 

A discussion re the use of the top ground was deferred until October’s meeting it was however critical to maximise income on both grounds.

 

All fixtures for 2010 season must be communicated to Dave Cunningham prior to approval being confirmed.

 

Chair advised the Board that two first team players had still not paid their subscriptions for this year, JP to discuss with players concerned.

 

The end of season hot pot will take place on 16th October 2009.

 

 

8. MEMBERSHIP

 

1 Senior Citizen, 1 Family and 3 table tennis were approved for membership

 

 

9. 2010

 

GP had contacted the MCC to arrange a fixture against SPCC and was waiting confirmation.

Other ideas being looked at are:-

A fixture against Lancashire Cricket Board, Lancashire schoolboys and Lancashire over 40’s.

 

A.O.B.

 

Nothing to report.

 

Meeting closed at 09:10 pm

 

Tom Hughes

Secretary