SEFTON PARK CRICKET CLUB

 

Minutes of the Management Board held on the 9th April 2009, at Sefton Park Cricket Club at 7.30pm

 

Present: Mr. R Paisley (in the chair), Mr. D Cunningham, Mr T Hughes, Mr. P Foulder, Mr. J Pinsent, Mr G Pollard, Mr L Martin, Mr J Ledger, Mr. E Williams and Mr M Poole

 

Apologies for absence received:  Mr C Wylie, Mr. P Foulder and Mrs. J Kelly

 

The minutes of the previous meeting were approved:-

Prop: J Pinsent, Sec: E Williams

 

1. MATTERS ARISING

 

a.         The cheque received from David Bray had been cleared and funds transferred to our             account. The President had communicated with David to thank him.

b.         E. Williams advised the grant of £10000 from “Awards for All” was for the             replacement of the astro turf wicket on the top ground and not towards the cost of the             net project.

 

2. CORRESPONDENCE

 

a.         An invoice had been received from United Utilities for the amount of £562, the cost last year was £517. United Utilities had also sent an application form to claim relief from additional charges proposed for 2010. It was agreed not to respond until after the Leagues SGM on the 14-April-09 when additional information of the impending increase may be available.

b.         An email from Wavertree Cricket Club advising clearance for player S R Vandome to register for SPCC could not be given at this time.

c.         A letter from Stuart Lomas questioning the decision to increase the membership fees      during this economic crisis. Noted.

 

3. FINANCE

 

The Treasurer advised a bank balance of:-.

£5372.00 in the current account and £11087.00 in the deposit account (includes “awards for All” grant).

One major invoice due to be paid is for ground rent of £1275. All small member loans had been paid off and the utilities loan was being paid off monthly this would be completed in December 2009.

A new signatory was required for cheques, TH agreed to complete the banking authorisation forms.

GP requested to be advised of any major items ordered or required prior to the invoice being approved and passed to him; this action will help him control our cash flow.

 

A donation had been received from Merseyrail of £250. TH to write a letter of thanks.

 

E Williams proposed that the grant towards the cost of a new astro turf should be spent ASAP this was seconded by J.Pinsent and fully supported by the Management Board.

EW was thanked for his hard work on acquiring the grant fr0m “Awards for All”.

           

 

 

4. BUSINESS

 

A Bar report was not available at the meeting due to the Business Chairs computer needing repair. (A copy of the report is attached to the minutes).

The function room hire is still well above budget and March was particularly busy.

Although bookings were high the amount taken over the bar had decreased during the first quarter in the function room. The Membership bar had done extremely well; this was down to a very well organised darts night which has made a huge difference in income on a night that would have seen the club close. Stuart Lomas was thanked for his contribution and the secretary would write to him thanking him for his efforts.

JP stated that a very close eye should be kept on income & expenditure as it would only take a bad spell of weather in the summer to put pressure back on the club financially.

 

 

5. HOUSE

 

Work done in March 09

Thanks to Leo and John a sink in the lower pavilion has been re-secured to the wall and the sink taps to the prep room secured.

Score box has had two coats of paint on it and all the signs will be in place before the beginning of the season.

All benches on the enclosure have been repaired and will be painted.

All seats in front of the pavilion have been painted

John has started to paint the railings around the clubhouse.

Leaking guttering on the lower pavilion has been repaired

 

Items that require urgent attention.

After the gas leak outside the lower pavilion being repaired the Gas Board came back to reconnect and have put a notice on the cooker that it must not be used as it is under the meter and this is not safe and should be moved. An estimate for moving the cooker and pipe work will be obtained on Tuesday 14 April 09.

The boiler in the lower pavilion will be ignited on Tuesday 14-April-09.

The carpet in the members lounge requires cleaning after two half pint’s of blackcurrant juice was spilt on it.

 

6. GROUND

 

Both grounds are looking splendid in preparation for the new season Rob and his team should be extremely proud of there hard work.

A discussion re covers took place and it was agreed that mobile covers should be purchased ASAP – proposed JP seconded GP. TH to action.

 

 

 

 

 

7. CRICKET

 

Child Welfare Officer

 

EW advised that the following need to be CRB checked:- Tom Hughes, Jan Kelly and Rob Jobson.

 

CW to write to St Margaret’s requesting a change of night for nets from Wednesdays to Thursdays.

 

Cricket Force Day took place on Saturday 4th April 2009 although only a few players attended it was supported well by the junior section parents. An enormous amount of work was done on the day by few members attending.

The pig race night was again well supported by the junior section with only a few players in attendance. Those who did attend enjoyed an excellent evening.

 

 

8. MEMBERSHIP

 

One new player has registered (Stuart Guy).

 

 

9. A.O.B

 

Meeting of the inaugural 2010 committee took place on Thursday 12-March 2009.

A brains storming session took place to identify future events for 2010. GP has arranged a meeting with The Heritage Lottery fund on Wednesday 15-April 2009 to discuss if any funding is available. A calendar of events will be drawn up to show confirmed dates.

DC to advise GP of outside companies using the club’s facilities

A report for 2010 will be added as a future agenda item.

Next meeting will take place on 16 April 2009.

Flowers had been sent to Mrs Paisley after her recent operation.

 

Rope for the sightscreen needs to be purchased TH to discuss with Rob.

 

Meeting closed at 9-10 pm

 

Tom Hughes

Secretary