SEFTON PARK CRICKET CLUB

 

Minutes of the Management Board held on the 5th January 2009, at Sefton Park Cricket Club at 7.30pm

 

Present: Mr. R Paisley (in the chair), Mr. D Cunningham, Mr T Hughes, Mr G Pollard, Mr M Poole, Mr L Martin, Mr J Ledger and Mrs. J Kelly.

 

Apologies for absence received: Mr. E Williams, Mr. P Foulder, Mr. J Pinsent and Mr C Wylie

 

The minutes of the previous meeting were approved.

Prop: J Kelly, Sec: L. Martin

 

1. MATTERS ARISING

 

a.         John Garnett has fixed the problem of the drains in the lower pavilion.

           

2. CORRESPONDENCE

 

a.         Letter received from the Joe & Marilyn confirming that they will be providing cricket teas and snacks for the coming season. Also, requesting an increase from £45 per team to £50 per team for cricket teas. Prop: T Hughes Sec: L Martin carried.

b.         Email from Paul Foulder advising the Board that he would not be standing as             House             Chair at the AGM. Noted with regret.

 

 

 

3. FINANCE

 

The Treasurer advised a bank balance of:-.

£3087.00 in the current account and £5057.00 in the deposit account.

A gas bill of £900+ had been received from EON for October to January period

 

Accounts for 2008 were now with the auditor and are expected to be completed by w/e 13-February 2009.

 

GP requested to be advised of any major items ordered or required prior to the invoice being approved and passed to him; this action will help him control our cash flow.

 

           

 

 

4. BUSINESS

 

A Bar report was presented which identified the following:-

 

The function room hire is still well above budget.

 

Bar income period 3 was £22124

Expenditure for period 3 was £15445

Year to date income against expenditure was £6679

 

Hydes, barrelage:-

January to April was 21.5 barrel’s

April to now was 90.5 barrel’s

The target for a 12 month period is 90 barrel’s

Gross Profit for the bar is averaging 60.0%

 

A meeting was held with Hyde’s representative who confirmed that they are more than happy with SPCC and barrelage total is fine.

 

5. HOUSE

 

Nothing to report in the absence of the House Chair.

 

6. GROUND

 

Winter maintenance was on going.

 

 

7. CRICKET

 

Child Welfare Officer

 

Nothing to report at this time.

 

Jim had met with the South Team planners to discuss the planning application for nets.

 made no reference to nets. We will need to make a planning application. When that is received the planners will need to consult with the relevant consultation bodies’, bearing in mind the park is in a Conservation area.

Jim now has the information required to complete the panning application which should be ready w/c 09 February 2009. 

 

 

8. MEMBERSHIP

 

It was reported that we had a total of 329 members plus 16 table tennis members.

 

9. FUND RAISING

 

Ted has confirmed a fixture against Menorca CC for the upcoming 2010 anniversary.

A meeting of the 2010 committee should be held urgently to start the ball rolling.

GP agreed to arrange a date and advise those who on the 2010 committee.

 

Meeting closed at 9-00 pm

 

Tom Hughes

Secretary