SEFTON PARK CRICKET CLUB

 

Minutes of the Management Board held on the 3rd July 2008, at Sefton Park Cricket Club at 7.30pm

 

Present: Mr. R Paisley (in the chair), Mr. D Cunningham, Mr P Foulder, Mr T Hughes, Mr. L Martin, Mr G Pollard, Mr J Pinsent, Mrs J. Kelly.

 

Apologies for absence were received from Mr. J. Ledger, Mr. C Wylie, and Mr. R. Houghton

 

The minutes of the previous meeting were approved.

Prop: J. Pinsent, Sec: L. Martin

 

1. MATTERS ARISING

 

a.            Invoices had been sent to relevant companies for sponsorship.

b.         A letter had been sent to Hardcastle & Hogarth re the lower pavilion, waiting reply

c.         Bar price list now completed.

 

2. CORRESPONDENCE

 

Nothing to report at this time

 

3. FINANCE

 

The Treasurer advised a bank balance of:-.

£5856.00 in the bank account and £5021.00 in the deposit account.

 

VAT invoice had been paid.

 

GP requested to be advised of any major items ordered or required prior to the invoice being approved and passed to him; this action will help him control our cash flow.

 

Invoices have been sent to Romida, St. Margarets, Castle Estates, Autobreakers and Allerton Aerials.                                                                                    

 

 

4. BUSINESS

 

A Bar report was presented which identified the following:-

 

Bar income was against budget was encouraging at end of period eight.

Period nine was likely to be well above budget.

Bar purchases was consistent against budget

The function room hire is well above budget.

Bar total income year to date was £74744

Expenditure year to date was £45770

The Members bar income was down against budget

The function room was above budget

 

Hydes, barrelage:-

January to April was 21.5barrel’s

April to now was 29.5 barrel’s

The target for a 12 month period is 90 barrel’s

 

 

5. HOUSE

 

A fire risk assessment has been completed by an external company. The main issue was that a fire door did not have see through glass, this ha now been fixed.

PAT testing was required to undertaken for all electrical appliances this is due to be completed by the end of the month.                                                  ACTION PF

Fire drills to be practised twice a year.

All other issues can be completed internally and has already started.

 

The unfortunate closure of Aigburth Peoples Hall has allowed us to make bids for certain appliances which would benefit the club, waiting for a reply.

 

The following items have been completed in June:-

 

 

a.         All carpet had been removed from staircase to changing rooms...

b.         Bottom of the pavilion, pitch side had been painted. (Thanks to John Garner).

c.         All broken glass in fire doors has been replaced (On fire assessment report)

d.         Missing fire glass replaced in changing room. (On fire assessment report)

e.         All emergency lighting has had the broken lamps replaced. (On fire assessment report)

f.          New 4 way extension lead fitted in the function room bar.

g.         Broken glass in picture in bottom pavilion replaced.

 

July

a.         Boilers to be serviced

 

           

A fire risk assessment is ongoing.                                                           Action GP

 

 

6. GROUND

 

Ground machinery was ongoing and will cost above £1200 as agreed by Board.

 

Discussions have started re groundsman for 2009

 

7. CRICKET

 

Child Welfare Officer

 

Nothing to report at this time

 

 

 

Cricket Chair

 

A list of unpaid subs will be passed to Cricket Committee.             ACTION RP

 

 

 

 

8. MEMBERSHIP

 

Two new non playing members.

 

FUND RAISING

 

A barbecue, casino and disco night to take place on Friday 4th July 2008, at a cost of £10 per ticket.

 

A.O.B.

JL to be firmed up as a Trustee status.                                                   Action JP

 

Meeting closed at 9-00 pm

 

Tom Hughes

Secretary