SEFTON PARK CRICKET CLUB

 

Minutes of the Management Board held on the 1st May 2008, at Sefton Park Cricket Club at 7.30pm

 

Present: Mr. R Paisley (in the chair), Mr. D Cunningham, Mr C O’Mahony, Mr P Foulder, Mr T Hughes, Mr. L Martin, Mr G Pollard, Mr J Pinsent, Mr. J Ledger, Mr. C Wylie and Mr. R Houghton

 

Apologies for absence were received from Mr. M. Poole and Mrs J. Kelly

 

The minutes of the previous meeting were approved.

Prop: C. O’Mahony, Sec: L. Martin

 

1. MATTERS ARISING

 

a.         CO had contacted a Senior Fire Prevention Officer, who will visit the club and meet             with CO and DC and help prepare for a Fire Risk Assessment.

            GP had also made contact with an ex fireman who will complete the assessment on our behalf.

 

2. CORRESPONDENCE

 

a.         Letter from Jet South Liverpool requesting to place a nineteen year old as a volunteer at             the Cricket Club helping on the ground. He has a learning disability and would have             support worker with him to assist, he is also interested in cricket. Hon Sec to contact             Jet for further information.

 

3. FINANCE

 

The Treasurer advised a bank balance of:-.

£4415.00 in the bank account and £1021.00 in the deposit account.

Apart from an invoice for Chestnut Roofing of £980, no major invoices waiting payment.

 

Audited accounts for 2006 – 2007 still with the Auditor, GP to ensure they are available for the next meeting.            .                                                                                               Action GP

 

GP requested to be advised of any major items ordered or required prior to the invoice being approved and passed to him; this action will help him control our cash flow.

 

Carlsberg redemption figure has been paid off on 14-April 2008. The new loan with Hydes has now commenced.

The board expressed there grateful thanks to Jim Pinsent for his excellent work in handling and completing the clubs dealings with both Carlsberg and Hyde’s Brewery, his expertise has saved the club a considerable amount of money. THANK YOU JIM.

 

Invoices required to be sent to Romida, St. Margarets, Castle Estates, Autobreakers and Allerton Aerials.                                                                                     Action GP

 

 

4. BUSINESS

 

Bar sales for the month is lower than budget.

The members bar is below budget, the function room is above budget.

Compared to last year our earnings are up.

 

The new television and dart board is now starting to make an impact on sales in the members bar; it was pleasing to note that for the Liverpool/Chelsea game the room was full. It was also good to see new faces from our student friends who had been invited to watch the game.

 

Next stock take will be on 12-May-2008.

 

A letter of thanks to be sent to Graham Williams, for the gift of the television.             Action TH

 

A letter of thanks to be sent to Quarry Bank OB for the Lottery Syndicate.                    Action TH

 

We now have 64 members in the 100 club and hopefully this will increase.

 

 

5. HOUSE

 

The drains in the new pavilion are causing a stench which is believed to be down to the original plans for the building.

A letter to be sent to Hardcastle & Hogarth.                                                                       Action JP

 

The following items have been completed in April:-

 

a.         Holes in the floor outside the changing rooms and in the garage have been filled in.

b.         The roof on the lower ground pavilion has been repaired.

c.         Main room in the lower pavilion has been painted.

d.         Some of the fencing surrounding the ladies enclosure has been painted and will be        finished when the fence is repaired.

e.            Dartboard has been erected and is proving a great success.

f.          Light fitted above dartboard.

g.         New flower box made for the front of the pavilion.

h.         Hole in gutter on lower pavilion repaired.

i.          Notice board fitted in lower pavilion.

 

Items to be completed in May:-

 

a.         Sink in the ladies toilet in the bottom pavilion need securing to the wall.

b.            Changing rooms to be painted in the lower pavilion.

c.         Finish painting the inside  and outside  of the score box.

           

A fire risk assessment needs to be completed to meet current regulations. GP to make enquiries and report back at the next meeting.                                                            Action GP

 

 

 

 

6. CRICKET

 

Child Welfare Officer

Nothing to report at this time.

 

A letter had been sent to St. Margarets of Sefton’s intent to hire the cricket nets during the winter months.

 

A frank and open discussion took place re the communications process with the groundsman; he had been receiving direct phone calls from outside parties request to book the ground for fixtures and also to do work on the ground.

It was unanimously agreed by The Board that future communications should be followed at all times

            To hire the ground for fixtures -            Contact Dave Cunningham, Fixture Secretary

 

            To discuss Cricket issues -             Contact Chris Wylie, Cricket Chairman

 

A further discussion took place as to who has responsibility for the ground and machinery after a lengthy debate it was agreed to set up a grounds committee who will advise the Board of all issues including the state of machinery or work required on the ground outside of the groundsmans duties.

CO volunteered to Chair this committee along with TH, JP and CW as members.

 

7. MEMBERSHIP

 

Two new non playing members.

Fixture cards will be available from the printers on Monday 7th April 2008 for distribution.

 

FUND RAISING

 

Nothing to report.

 

A.O.B.

 

150 years (2010or2012) anniversary to be discussed at the next meeting.

 

 JL to be firmed up as a Trustee status.                                                   Action JP

 

Meeting closed at 9-30pm.

 

Tom Hughes

Secretary