Item

Detail

Action

By

Attendance/Apologies

Present: R Paisley (chair), S Lomas, E Wood, D Cunningham, J Ledger, P Foulder.

Apologies: E Williams, M Boyns.

 

 

New Board Members

Paul Foulder was co-opted onto the Management Board.

Mark Boyns had also emailed to say he will stand as Cricket Chairman again as the post has remained vacant.  He was not available for this meeting but this was agreed by the board.

 

 

Minutes of the Previous Meeting

Minutes were accepted as a true record of previous meeting. Proposed by E Wood, Seconded by J Ledger.

 

 

Correspondence

Emails had been received from Tom Hughes and Keith Spencer resigning from the Management Board.  The resignations were accepted with regret and the Board hopes both will reconsider.

Keith Spencer will continue with a book-keeping role but will not sit on the Board.

 

Mark Boyns has emailed to say he will stand as Cricket Chairman again as the post has remained vacant.  He was not available for this meeting but this was agreed by the Board.

 

 

Finance

In the absence of a Treasurer, the Chair gave the current balances:

It was re-iterated that the Club needed to have at least £18,000 by the end of the cricket season to see us through the winter.

 

 

Business

In the absence of a Business Secretary, Dave reviewed business briefly.  A brewery bill was due and a stock take had indicated the amount that the Happy Hour was impacting on gross profit.  It was agreed to run Happy Hour until the end of the season but to review it after that and possibly replace with other offers.

 

 

House

Four benches had been repaired and painted.

Captains and Presidents boards had been updated.

Potholes in the car park had been filled by Paul Foulder and John Garnett.

Shelves were being fitted in cupboards in the lower pavilion.

A new lock had been fitted on the function room cupboard storing the brass band’s equipment.

Paul Foulder and John Garnett had cleared the drive and car park which had greatly improved the impression of the club on arrival.

Thanks to Eric, Paul and John Garnett for their hard work.

The leak from the showers had been investigated and there was a large hole in the function room ceiling by the bar.  A plumber was due to be visiting the next day.

 

 

Development

A pre-planning application for the new net facility had been submitted to Liverpool City Council by the architect.  This had cost £250 and the club needed to reimburse Naj Ahmed.

It was agreed to run the Christmas Raffle again.  Stuart was a little concerned about having a big prize.  It was agreed to have a cash prize instead of the bar tab which hadn’t worked very well.

There was to be an ECB Open Day as a Junior Taster Session on Sunday 17 July.  The Club had £100 to spend in Waitrose to support this.

Robin Brown has organised two games for former players on Fridays 15 and 29 July – somewhat inaccurately dubbed “Legends” games, these were hoped to re-engage some old players as well as give people the opportunity to socialise around the game.

The Club Survey was now on the club website and would be open until early August before Stuart would report on its findings.

The Development Plan required for the renewal of the Clubmark “replacement” had been completed some time ago and was still relevant.

Stuart had received a contract from RCM Advertising regarding them acting as an agent for sponsorship.  He and Richie Forsyth who had also looked at the contract had a few queries.  Stuart to forward the contract to the Board before agreeing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SL to forward to Ted Williams

 

SL to forward with minutes

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

28 Jul 2016

 

21 Jul 2016

Cricket

A Cricket Committee Meeting had taken place.

A request was made for some keys for the lower pavilion so captains could access equipment.  No problem getting keys cut but a secure and available place would be required for the equipment!

Dave reminded that the kit in the loft space needed to be moved.

 

No junior cricket update in absence of Junior Secretary.

Nothing to report regarding Child Welfare.

 

MB and DC to liaise Re Keys

 

Next mtg

Membership

1 new table-tennis member (senior citizen).

1 new non-playing family.

 

 

Fundraising

The junior BBQ had been successful although not hugely busy. Thanks to all involved in its organisation.

The “Legends” games would be taking place on 15 and 29 July.

Liverpool Scooter Club’s event is on Sunday 24 July.  The Club needs to be able to cancel this if the ground is not fit and damage would be caused.  The responsibility of this, as with cancelling games when the ground is hired out, lies with the groundsman.

The Alex Miller Cup will take place on Sunday 28 August raising money for CALM.

 

 

 

We need to ensure the groundsman is aware of this responsibility!

 

Any Other Business

Dave Cunningham is developing a checklist for staff locking up and was going to refresh and reinforce general guidelines whilst doing this.

 

Paul Foulder requested a meeting between the board and players to try to improve relations.  This was pencilled in for Thursday 21 July at 8pm.

 

 

Next Meeting

The next board meeting would be held on Thursday 11 August at 7.30pm as at least two board members are not available on 4 August.