Minutes of the Management Board Meeting of the Sefton Park Cricket Club

7 April 2016

Present: RA Paisley (chair), K Spencer, D Cunningham, E Wood, E Williams, S Lomas

Apologies: M Boyns, T Hughes, R Forsyth, J Kelly, J Ledger

Minutes of Last Meeting

Proposed by K Spencer; seconded by D Cunningham.

Matters Arising

Jameel Stuart has been confirmed as the Bajan player for this season.

Ted to continue to look into hosting corporate team building events.

Correspondence

Letter received from Online Content Management Services; Stuart to contact Robin Brown regarding script to boost position on Google for function room searches.

Finance/Business

Bar takings are down but savings continue to be made.

San Miguel was to be added to the bar and would cost £3.80 per pint.

Discussed the possibility of having a coffee machine; general view was that they were too slow to make drinks!

Discussed staffing; Dave would be doing an extra evening in the week to cut down on staffing costs.

NO SPENDING UNLESS AUTHORISED BY THE TREASURER

Development

The new boiler was due to be fitted by Ni-Pi using the grant received from EWCT.

Stuart had attended the Sefton Park Forum meeting and had received warm support from the group for potential developments.  The group are keen to support the club as it is a key part of the park.

A swing dance class and live band would be on at the club on the evening of Sunday 1 May as part of the Smithdown Road Festival.

No update from Naj Ahmed regarding the new nets facility.

Club survey was ready to go.

Cricket

Thanks to all who attended Cricket Force to help the club prepare for the new season.

New Australian coach Josh Bell would be arriving in Liverpool on Saturday and would be coming to the club.  He will play in the 2XI.

Jameel Stuart was confirmed as the Bajan player through the Lord Gavron Scholarship this year.

Robbie Houghton’s registration was going through at the last minute.

Suggestion of including cost for indoor nets in playing annual subscriptions met with positivity.

There was confusion over the Last Man Stands fixtures.  Dave to speak to Chris from LMS.4

St Hilda’s School would be using the ground on Friday afternoons from 3 – 4.30pm.

CRB/DBS checks needed completing for new captains; these had been delayed with Dave Goodall being away.

Senior training would be on Thursday (1XI/2XI) and Wednesday (3XIs).

Each team captain had a team membership card which had £25 loaded on it.  Captains to collect.

House

Repairs had been made to the entrance step.

A “fly zapper” has been installed in the members bar.

Leak to a tap in the prep room had been repaired.

Key safe for the lower pavilion to be purchased to allow access to the defibrillator if the bar was not open.  Discussion on where to site it.

Light bulbs and tubes replaced.

Fire alarms to be replaced.

Shower heads in the lower pavilion needed replacing.

A new carpet had been found on the back stairs in the main pavilion during Cricket Force; Dave to contact Ian Garnett regarding fitting.

Membership

One new Senior Citizen member.

Discussion over payments onto cards and distribution of cards to new members.

Fundraising

Pig Racing was scheduled for Friday 15 April.

Club BBQ will be on Friday 8 July.

Potential for increasing income throughout Euro 16 with promotion.

Discussion regarding having sponsorship agent RCM Sports. Stuart to get in touch regarding setting this up.

Any Other Business

Issue with fly tipping by the car park reported by a neighbour.

There was a testimonial benefit dinner for Paul Horton hosted by Lancashire CCC at Old Trafford on Friday 10 June.

Well done to the table-tennis C team who had reached their cup final to be held at Marine FC.

Next Meeting Thursday 5 May 2016 at 7.30pm (subsequently postponed to 12 May)