Minutes of the Sefton Park C.C. Management Board Meeting held on Tuesday 03rd April 2014.

 

Present: R Paisley (Chairman), D. Cunningham, T. Hughes, J Jackson, R Forsyth, M Boyns, E Wood, S Lomas, Mrs J Kelly, B Rispin and K Spencer.

 

Apologies: E Williams, J Ledger, M Poole, J Kelly.

 

The Chairman welcomed Mark as Cricket Chairman of Cricket and wished him every success in his new appointment.

 

The minutes of the previous meeting were accepted as a true record. Proposed S Lomas seconded K Spencer.

 

Matters Arising:

Previous month’s minutes to be placed on club website.

 

Correspondence:

None at this time.

 

Finance:

P& L to be produced within the next two months.

 

Business:

Income year to date was down against budget by £8577

Expenditure year to date was down against budget by £3449

Function room booking were up in period five by £404 against budget and £1000 year to date.

Income was down due to reduced revenue in the function room, although the number of booking have not decreased people seem to arrive later than expected and do not spend as much as they did in the past.

We are looking at advertising the end of the football season fixtures and the World Cup to encourage members and visitors to watch the games in the club.

A catering policy has been agreed with the caterer

 

House:

Various light fittings have been replaced or repaired.

Changing rooms in main pavilion have been painted and coat hooks replaced, shower and toilets have been steam cleaned.

Many thanks to Dave Cunningham, Eric Wood and Tommy Wright.

 

Development

Development Committee are looking at grant opportunities through Inspire Facilities & BIIFA. Data is being collected re renovating the main pavilion to see if required actions are within scope of the project.

MAD Hatter Brewery have contacted the club via Twitter to enquire if the lower ground could be used to hold an activities day to enable them to publicise their products.

DC to contact Thwaites to see if they have any objection.

RF to arrange a meeting with MAD Hatters Brewery with TH, BT and DC.

MB to contact Liverpool CC to ask how they organised their beer festival.

 

 

Cricket

 

Mark advised that his focus was keeping the first X1 in the first division and identify younger players at the earliest opportunity to progress to senior level.

Recruit new players though university contacts.

Complete an inventory of cricket equipment/balls to ensure expenditure is kept to a minimum.

Identify a secure area to store training equipment to allow easy access for training nights.

It was agreed to purchase two whiteboards for use of the captains on match days.

 

Membership:

Three new senior members.

One new non playing member.

 

 

A.O.B.:

None at this time

.

 

 

Meeting closed at 8.50pm

 

Tom Hughes